Thursday, July 14, 2011

NEW blink-182 Music At Long Freaking Last


I am, listening to the blink-182 Live @ Epicenter concert on youtube and I'm thinking to myself, in a couple of days, the world will finally have some new blink stuff. The oft delayed sixth studio album will soon follow, which itself will be soon followed by the The Blinkumentary. I can't fucking wait.


So the new song is entitled "Up All Night" and we've known that for about 2 years now, but what you mightn't have known is it originally had a much better title "The Night the Moon Was Gone", thought up by Tom's daughter Ava. We also have confirmation that the band has picked a title and will be announced with the single's release, album artwork has been decided, Travis said "Up All Night" sounds like if you mixed blink and Boxcar Racer, they are mixing a song called "Ghost on the Dancefloor" (I read about that ages ago) and the album will have 11 tracks with 3 bonus ones.


I'm pretty stoked too, Mr. Hoppus.

The band's enthusiasm for this new collection of songs is pretty exciting as they are all telling anybody who will listen how fucking awesome it will be and I know that I will love the fuck out of it whether it's a critical hit or not. And so will a lot of other fans. There's sure to be the fans who bitch it out and whine about the days of Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch and good on them, they're the idiots who think just because they still like 'Old' blink and not new, that they are the true fans, what a bunch of bullshit, you can like both. I still listen to those albums and go back to being a pissed off teenager but I grew up, and so did blink-182. I have a similar problem with Metallica fans. I love "Death Magnetic" so fuck you.

I got this when  typed in 'Tom Delonge Metallica' into Google. 
"Dookie's the shit man! American Idiot sucks!!" - Some fuckwit

It's also gonna be interesting seeing how all of their recent individual projects mix and match together to become the final album. I'm a fan of blink-182, Box Car Racer, The Transplants, Angels and Airwaves, +44, TRV$DJAM and Travis's recent solo effort and it will be influenced by all of these in some way or another.

So I will be turning it up loud as fuck when it finally makes its way out into the world and then waiting patiently for the other stages of the reformation to take place. i.e. the album and the movie, then trying to save my pennies to see them when they make it to sandy shores of Oz.


No comments:

Post a Comment