Saturday, February 19, 2011

Perfect Couples is Pretty Alright



For some reason I can't go 6 hours without watching this show. I don't know why. That's to often to be re-watching any show. But this one is different for some reason. I still won't have figured it out before I finish this.


It stars Kyle Bornhiemer as Dave, Christine Woods as Julia, David Walton as Vance, Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Amy, Hayes MacArthur as Rex and Olivia Munn as Leigh and I just coupled them up there so I shouldn't have to address that again.

Just hold on a sec while I put Perfect Couples on again....

Thank you. I guess it was the opening scene that got me. The boys walk into the bedroom where the girls are taking up the entire bed, with the guys each dealing with the dilemma in different ways. This scene is also why Vance is my favourite character. The guys all went to college together where presumably, Julia went too as Julia and Rex are brother and sister. Rex having been something of a jock and possibly pothead and Julia having been from the smarter end of the family tree.

At some point in the past, Dave and Amy slept together so there's her intro to Vance I'd say but I have no idea where exactly the fuck Leigh came into the picture. She served as Dave and Julia's wedding planner and as far as I can tell, the wedding is where she met the guys, we know this is where she met and got engaged to Rex but Rex and Vance were in the wedding party so she would have..... You know? Fuck all this noise for the moment and I'll try somehow to get back to the point....

Where the fuck did I put my point?

It's something about why I like the show so much and watch so very often. That's right, the cast's chemistry is perfect and the situation's and dialogue are just generally funny. I really hope more people start to tune in because it really deserves a full season at least. Unlike Christine Woods show last season, FlashForward, this is not a high concept show which runs the risk of quickly turning to shit, same can't be said for The Event however, but that's for another time.

I'm not saying there's no room for improvement because there is but I like this kind of sometimes random, weird, crazy humour.

You know what? Come to think of it, This is probably why.......


No comments:

Post a Comment