Friday, March 11, 2011

Round 1: Roosters V Rabbitohs

Holy fuck me dead. I reckon the game went a bit like this...

Anasta: Hey Sam, how about a cock punch?

First 15 minutes went Souths way for the most part until Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Mose Masoe came on. The next 25, the Roosters gave it to the Bunnies, ending the half at.... I can't remember. Whatever it was it looked like the Roosters would shit it in and laugh and point at Inglis after the game.


But that didn't happen because the second half was a fuckin' doozy. I might have said earlier that the Chooks had this and as it was, I was right. But I also remember saying that it would be closer than I was making out I thought it would be. That was also true as from about the 55th minute to around the 75th, Souths brought the score to 29-28 in their favour, courtesy of a Chris Sandow field goal.

Don't celebrate yet tool.

So long story short, Souths fucked it up by going the field goal a tad too early and the Roosters were able to score two more tries. This is where I cheered. So turns out Inglis scored once and did fuck all the rest of the game. Give him a few more weeks and he should be able to remind why he was so entertaining at Melbourne. Anyway, Johnny Lang looked he might have a heart attack right there on the sideline as Tom Symonds sealed it in the last minute. I can only imagine that Russell Crowe threw his son at the wall in disgust because he had nothing else to throw. Presumably because his wife has taken away his phone privileges.

But not the hot dogs.

Had the result gone to the Bunnies, it still would have been the best way to start the season. It was a ripper. Sure, I would've been devo'd (stupid word), but at least the news would focus on the quality of the game for once, and we could all do with some more footy news about the actual games and not the few dickweeds that fuck it up for everyone else.

Anasta got another head wound and I was surprised that Jodi Gordon didn't run out onto the field and break up with him there and then after the massive fuckin' gash he carried last year but when she didn't, I imagine this is how he felt.....


Final score: Roosters 40 def. Rabbitohs 29

No comments:

Post a Comment