Saturday, March 5, 2011

Retro Review #11 Silverchair's Frogstomp

This takes me back to a time before I listened to Silverchair and way before I stopped. Tomorrow was song that I could never get out of my head, it's in my head right now, but at the time, I had no idea what the hell it was. I still can't understand the lyrics properly and likely never will, but that was the first Silverchair song I liked.

I assume this little guy is about to be squished.


Way before they sucked, Silverchair wrote songs with balls, songs that were awesome, songs that told the parents to fuck off, you are not welcome here. Israel's Son is apparently Daniel Johns, What ARE you gonna do fat boy? With your Tomorrow, and a Pure song about a Massacre still make the hair on your next stand up when you hear them and that's all I can remember for now. Excuse me a moment while I actually listen to the CD.

Seriously? What the fuck happened to this current knob-head?

So forget that picture up there Daniel and make some angry music for Christ sake, you were once awesome, as this album proves. Your riffs now have all the aggression of an anal tickle feather. If I wanted to listen to music that made a feel a bit poofy I'd chuck in a Backstreet Boys cd. What the hell was up with Straight Lines, you dick? I know your all healthy and shit now but COME ON!! The Chair lost there collective shit around about Neon Ballroom but that still had some rippers on it. Really, I do yearn for the days when you could say you liked Silverchair and not get the look that says, "You can't be fucking serious".

You like fucking what?

But honestly, this is a great listen and quite nostalgic. For some of you it might even take you back to when things felt awesome and you didn't know about masturbation. For some it might take you back to that dry blow job behind the hall at the school disco. For others, you may fondly remember being butt raped in the prison shower for the first time or just after that priest touched you. It's still your secret, don't worry. But mostly, it just reminds of when I saw that cute little froggy on the cover, waiting to blow your ears out with awesomeness. Sitting there so innocently.

Back when they were cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment