Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Retro Review #10 The LOST Series Finale

Most of the cast from all 6 seasons.


Hey!! Where the FUCK were all the big answers? That said, I found the episode enjoyable, sad, frustrating and kind-of-but-not-completely satisfying. I loved this show, from beginning til end. I even found myself pissed off when they killed Nikki. Cared none for Paolo but Kiele Sanchez is hot.

How could you get rid of this?

It started off all lovely, with all the surviving characters coming together in the Flash-Sideways and on the Island for The Man in Black to destroy it or for Jack to save it. Desmond, being my favourite character, I was fine with him being involved in any way possible which in this case turned out to be.... I'm still not really sure. Also, any scene Charlie is also a bonus, since he died in an emotion charged Season 3 game changing finale'.

But enough bullshit for now, the epic double episode (See kids, that's how you use that fucking word properly) pretty much brought together the threads from the season that hadn't already been addressed. The flash-sideways "revelation" was kind of obvious which is why I didn't think that's what it would be. It would have made more sense in the scheme of the show if the 2 realities came together somehow because lets face it: where the fuck did the kid come from?

It does not make sense.

It was nice to see Hurley step up this season and become more than the mostly useless but entertaining character he had been previous seasons, to being the protector of the island after Jack's short tenure. As a character piece The End was well rounded but once again, mysteries dude. What's the point of raising all these questions if you don't answer them. Sorry, I just can't hide my frustration at that but I can watch the episode without even thinking about it. I liked seeing Rose and Bernard on the Island again, I knew that Frank wasn't dead because it made no sense within the story to kill the pilot (again). It might have been nice to explore the differences between Hurley and Myles apparent super-powers as well as Walts. Fair dinkum, that seemed pretty important. It seemed like earlier in the season and even at the beginning here, that Desmond was a conduit between the two realities and he kind of was, but not in the way I had come to expect from LOST.

And why the bloody hell was this there?

I could go on and explain more of what I mean but I figure like the writers, fuck it, you can figure the rest of this shit out on your own.

Mwahahaha. Sucked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment