Thursday, February 24, 2011

The New Wonder Woman

This can only be good news. Adrianne Palicki will be Wonder Woman and her 2, count 'em, 2, aliases in the new show by the hot and cold David E. Kelley.

The new Wonder Woman. Phwoar!!


Adrianne Palicki has guested in Smallville, Supernatural and Criminal Minds. The last one with a Natural Born Killers type character, although I don't watch that show, I might just have to see that episode. She also starred in Friday Night Lights and has been in films such as Legion and Women On Top and its sequel, Electra Luxx. She will also be seen in the upcoming remake of Red Dawn. Guess what that's called.

I really hope this makes it to series and they don't fuck it up because with Smallville ending it would be nice to have a superhero series that doesn't go spastic and die after it's intial hype. I'm looking at you, Heroes. The Cape, you suck too.

Fuck the cheerleader.

I don't know the Wonder Woman character well but this should be a good action series with a strong female lead, something thats been lacking since Buffy. How it will go on NBC I'm not sure, it seems more suited to the CW to me, but I'll be cheering it on and watching with great interest. It would be good to see Superman and Batman show up too. I'm also hoping for a costume a bit more sexed up than Lynda Carters from the old TV series.

You would though wouldn't ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment