Friday, February 18, 2011

From the Vault: Storm Fuck Season


Melbourne Storm Salary Cap Fuck-Up


Pictured: Scumbags.

I suppose I will weigh in on this not-really-that-much-of-a-shock kerfuffle that the Victorian NRL franchise have brought upon the Rugby League world, once again, fucking up the image of the best sporting comp in the world.

Whilst not a Melbourne Storm fan myself, go the Roosters, you still have to admire the skill of the players, no matter how much some of the administrators sucked them off to keep them at the club. But obviously the added ball cradling was not worth it in the end with their 2007 and 2009 Premierships, and the 2006, '07 and '08 Minor Premierships ripped away from them.

Now which players got the benefits of such blatant salary cap breaches?
Who gives a fuck? Except maybe the tax-man. The point is that they cheated the comp, the fans, the opposition and the innocent parties at the club, and now they can't register a comp win for the rest of the season.

Will they recover from this collosal fuck up?
Probably. But they will need to completely restructure the inner workings of the club and win back the little public interest they had in Melbourne in the first place.

Will they be able to stay in the comp?
I think they will. The club is too important for Rugby League to kick out with, until this, League slowly gaining popularity in Victoria which is completely AFL dominated.

Did Craig Bellamy know?
Of course he fucking did. Next.

Is there any point of the players even turning up to play?
Yes. They can still play Rep football and others will now be playing for contracts at other clubs in the NRL and Super League for next year.

Does this prove the salary cap does not work?
No. It proves that the Storm cheated. Simple as that.

Should the Premierships go the losing sides in 2007 and 2009?
No fucking way. I don't like either Manly or Parramatta but to give them the Premierships now after they lost the game is just stupid to me. Yes, Melbourne cheated but those two sides still didn't win and to give the wins to them now cheapens the result of the Grand Final in my opinion. Would I feel differently if they beat the Roosters? No. I would still feel cheated but to hand the Premiership to the losing side after the fact does not sit right with me.


Pictured: A great poker player.

This story is going to continue to dominate sports headlines for a while to come and I don't think we've heard the end of this saga.

At least the Sharks don't have to worry about the wooden spoon....

Note: This is from my old blog. It is also probably the first and only "From the Vault" that I will do. But I may do more for my fan

No comments:

Post a Comment