Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Retro Review #7 Blink 182's Enema Of the State


When this album hit the shops, I told my mum I wanted the Blink 182 album for Chrissy  and showed her a picture in a catalogue. When she got to Grace Bros. she couldn't remember what it was called so she described it as the cover with the slutty nurse on it. Do you remember the name of it? The chick said to my mum, No, it's for my son. So blah and blah she found it and I got it for Christmas.

I listened to this album all day, every day until Take Off Your Pants and Jacket came out. All The Small Things is my second favourite song ever right behind a classic Cold Chisel song entitled 'Khe Sanh'.

As soon as Dumpweed comes through the speakers I'm transported back to being in Year 9 with my stupid little friends bellowing into the playgrounds. I remember talking about Adam's song and someone asked me what it was about, I said "one of their friends suicide and also loneliness on tour". He said "What? It's a serious song? Bullshit!".

Taking themselves seriously.

More highlights of the album include the rest of it. There is not a bad song on it. Honestly, this was their breakthrough album and it really isn't surprising at all. Mutt was featured in American Pie, as were the band and this was Travis's first one and it shows. This was a forshadowing of things to come for the band.

The Party Song was about the most diverse they got here, I used to know all the words but I forget most of them now. Sung that in a classroom too.

This deserves 10 enema's out of 10.

Fuck they are sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment