Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Cricket World Cup

Fuckin Hell, what have I been doing? I didn't even know it was on. Here I am sitting at my cousins house watching Friends and he turns the channel over to Fox Sports where the Aussies are playing Zimabawe.

Pictured: Nothing funny to report.

How long has this been going on and how are we going? Ol' cuz says about 2 weeks and not very well. It seems like just a week ago we were giving to the Poms after being well beaten in the Ashes.

Yeah, we were flogged. Shut up.

Anyway, turns out I may have been misinformed. I've just done some research and this looks like our first match and we are going well. We're playing Zimbabwe so we'd fuckin' want to. We don't want to lose to these bunch of cock-knockers.

I might get serious for a second here. I don't predict an easy run to victory for our boys in gold, though we have won most of the world cups and Ricky Ponting is trying to be the first to win four of them. He would do well to after the raping he got in the press during the Ashes. 

Pictured: Ricky Ponting as a Storm Trooper.

So Australia's pretty much at full strength for this tournament and their main competition are probably India. I like watching India play because I find them quite entertaining and they have the best cricketer since The Don in Sachan Tendulkar. It would be good to see these two line up in the final but I guess only time will tell. It's good to see Brett Lee back playing well though. C'Mon Aussie, let's fuck some shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment