Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Retro Review #1 Kick-Ass


Not exactly Retro but fuck you, this is my blog, I'll write what I like...

Kick-Ass Review Of Kick-Ass



Kick Ass is based on the 2008 Marvel comic series of the same name and before I go much further, McLovin is the bad guy's son. So there's that.

It all start's of perfectly normal and crap until the main character whose name is not that memorable as i can't recall it, wonder's, why the fuck don't people dress up as superheroes and fuck bad guys shit up? Not exact words but never the less, his friends call him retarded. Undetered by this, he orders a faggy costume that looks like a cross between a Power Ranger and Kermit the Frog's arsehole, and tries to train himself to fight crime.

Now I wont continue to tell you what happens, I would recommend seeing it though, no matter what that shit up there made you think i thought of it. The 11 year old at the time Chloe Moretz truly does kick some ass as Hit-Girl, daughter of Big Daddy, played by Nick Cage, he has trained her so well that it's pretty fuckin' cool watching the stuff she does, and later on, it's nice to see Christopher Mintz-Plasse be a prick instead of a loser. Whats-his-face is the star of the film and he carries it well, playing the poncey nerd very convincingly it's hard not to imagine little Moretz kicking him in the balls just because.

This movie will draw attention and comparison to the superior Watchmen because of the language and tone. The violence in particular will be looked upon harshly because of who carries it out. Hit-Girl. But this movie is not trying to be Watchmen or anything like that. It is it's own film, based on source material that also happens to be in comic form. Never having read the comics myself, I can't tell you if it's faithful or not but I liked it, my brother liked it (but he was always going to even if it was shithouse, Transformers 2) and my friend liked it (I didn't think he would).

All in all I give it 8 nerd-boners out of 10.

Comment's and Criticism's below if you please. I'm not bothered.
Note: Very incredibly keen observers may notice that this is from another failed blog. Also by me as Tripp Dusty but I don't care, I wrote it so I'm using it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment