Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Looney Tunes Show: What the Fuck?


Granted, I've only watched the first episode, but it seems to be a metaphor for homosexuals. I only just heard about this show and I wanted to give it a look. It's probably to early to tell but it's not exactly the cackfest I remember as a kid. They managed to chuck in some clever racist and gay jokes, but I watched Bugs Bunny's 1001 Tales or whatever it's called fairly recently, and there was none of that shit.

No wonder this is the first Looney Tunes show to carry a PG rating. It's full of that innuendo (in your end o) that you might see in more adult cartoons. They even go on what I can only assume is a gay cruise. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But I don't think so.

Remember those two little squirrel besties or whatever the fuck they are? I now realise they were the stereotype for flaming men way back when. The general premise for the episode is that living together in California, Bugs gets the shits when Daffy doesn't know anything about him. Daffy wants to go on a gameshow called Besties because he wants to win something and they end up stuffing it up on the last question, giving Bugs further shits.

After a clever racial stereotype convo with racial stereotype Speedy, Daffy puts 100% into being Bugs' best friend and somehow gets him the gay cruise where they meet back up with the poofter squirrels, learn a lesson and the episodes done.

I can only assume Porky is masturbating. Such is subtlety of the show.

I guess because it's our favourite Warner Bros. characters that it's not so offensive. It's not so offensive to me being a straight white man, but to other people I can see why it would be. Having said that, we need to realise what's a joke and what's not, but I'm fairly certain, this show is not aimed at kids at all. I hope future episodes aren't so glaringly obvious in the humour because we all know about the Disney characters they've tried to make us forget about.

As I said, I may be reading to much into it but the squirrels LOVE cruising so much they might as well go find a glory hole.

Not quite.

And after all of this, I realise some of it's written on the fucking wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment