Sunday, June 5, 2011

Retro Review #14 Scarface


Yeah. For a movie considered a classic, fuck I was bored. Starring an Italian Al Pacino as a Cuban drug dealing Scarface, I'll admit that yes, obviously, it was very well acted. There were bits I liked, it just took way too goddamn long for stuff to happen. Maybe its just the version I watched but it seemed like about an hours worth of crap could have been cut just to keep the pace up a bit. I do like long movies just, I don't know, I thought I'd enjoy this more.

I liked this bit:


This bit:


This bit:


And this bit:


Which was in the South Park I started to watch as I stopped paying attention to the movie. It just so happens that this episode, lampoons Scarface. Instead of Al Pacino, it's Cartman. And instead of cocaine, it's KFC.

Well, that's about all I have to say about the movie which has inspired millions of gangster rappers write millions of crappy rap songs no-one's ever heard. But maybe I just have to watch it again. If I have an extra 9 hours to spare...

No comments:

Post a Comment